Your heart is an incredible organ that works non-stop. But do you know exactly how it works? Here are 12 fascinating facts from naturalon.com about your heart.
Did you know?
1. When in the womb, babies' heart starts beating in the first 4 weeks.
2. A child's heart is about the size of a fist. It increases in size when growing older.
3. Your heart beats around 100,000 times a day.
4. Each heartbeat consists of 5 different waveforms, the P, the Q, the R, the S and the T wave, which are visible on the ECG.
5. Women's heart beat faster than the men's.
6. It pumps 1 million barrels of blood in a lifetime.
7. Which is equivalent to a tap that's turned on for 45 years.
8. When you are sleeping, it takes 16 seconds for blood to circle throughout your body.
9. Your heart pumps blood to 75 trillion cells, except cornea which does not have any blood supply.
10. Your heart has 4 valves (pulmonary, aortic, tricuspid and mitral valve), which cause the thumping sound.
11. Compared to any muscle in the human body, your heart does the most physical work.
12. Scary and horroristic! Your heart can still function even outside your body, but only with a sufficient supply of oxygen.
How to take care of your heart
Always take care of your heart by:
- eating clean, unprocessed food
14 excellent sources of clean protein.
- exercising regularly
- managing your stress
- optimizing vitamin D levels
- getting enough omega-3 fats
Meditech is committed to lowering the chance of heart disease by manufacturing, developing and marketing PC-based 24-hour Holter ECG and blood pressure monitors.